Tuesday, September 30, 2008

706

I started a project a month ago about gun violence. My partner and reporter Michael Ruane, with the help of some computer analysts, was able to track down the most violent section of the city. PSA 706, or police service area 706. Michael and I found a subculture of DC that has become in tune with the turmoil of its occupants. Rituals, rhythms, rhymes, customs that have all become part of this terrible recurring nightmare. For some this is their home for generations. Economic reasons have left them trapped inside and like many war zones across the world it is often the families and innocent that are left to pick up the pieces...My pictures and text from my colleague with come soon after publication of the story in The Washington Post.

2 comments:

Rasy Ran said...

I look forward to the pictures.

Anonymous said...

finally!! haha
i am mucho proud of you, but please be careful when you're out there
:) :)