Thursday, January 3, 2008

House work.


Lately I have been tilting with motion to try to create a feeling of energy. I have several normally composed frames, but was wondering what your opinion is of this one. So far I am not sure how I feel about it.

1 comment:

John Gallagher said...

I see how the tilt accomplishes a sense of disorientation. It works when noticing the woman with the swinging tool. It helps complete that feeling by syncing your compositional choice with the moment the woman is in. However, the child in the frame makes me understand a little less what is supposed to be communicated to the viewer. His attention is toward the camera/audience. It is direct and steadies the viewers concentration and in a way serves to neutralize the disorienting affect accomplished with the working woman tilted off center. Perhaps the photo would have had more impact if the child was either excluded from the frame or captured in another moment that jived better with the other elements.